My Earrings in Action:
What you need to make one pair:
-Scrap fabric (enough to make 12 circles the size of a dime)
-a Dime (or a small round object to use as a template)
-Glue (I used fabric glue, but you could use a glue gun, etc)
-Earring posts and backs
1. Using a dime as a pattern, cut out 12 circles from your choice of fabric.
2. Thread your needle. Use a long piece and once threaded bring the end pieces together to create a knot. Make sure you leave a hole to help secure the earring.
3. Prepare the flowers. To make a petal you will fold a circle in half.
4. Sew through the point of the first petal and thread through the loop in the thread.
5. Fold the rest of the petals, one by one, sewing through the point after each one is made. There will be six per earring. Spread the petals in a circular way. The picture below is with two petals.
6. After you have arranged six petals, thread through a bead and then sew back down through all the layers of fabric. Knot the thread to secure it all.
7. Glue the earring post onto the back of the flower.