This one is for you Heather (and, guess what? I used all materials from the Dollar Store ;).
This is a quick tutorial on how I made the tissue paper flower balls for Je'taime's bridal shower.
What you need:
-10 sheets of tissue paper for large ball
-3 to 4 sheets for the smaller ball
-Pipe cleaner for each you make
-Fishing Wire (what I used to hang it with).
* Another side note, I also added a paper clip to hook it onto the ceiling. The room we were in had the wire frames in the ceiling, so this was an easy way to stick it up there without harming a thing.
The Big One
1. Take 10 sheets tissue paper and place them on top of each other. It turns out best if the pieces are a more rectangular shape, but the ones I used were square (20 inches by 20 inches).
2. Now it's time to begin folding them. You are going to fold them like a fan. If you are using square pieces, it doesn't matter which side you fold. But, if the piece is, let's say, 20 in by 26 in., you will want to fold it long ways. Start by folding up.
3. Fold in half to find the middle and twist on a pipe cleaner. I double it around twice and then twist it so that there is an opening to put the fishing wire through.
4. Trim the ends of each side. You can either do a curved point or a triangular point (like the small ones).
5. Begin to poof up the ball. Open it up.
6. Attach fishing wire, hang up, and enjoy!
The Small One
1.Take three to four pieces of tissue paper and cut them in half (if one side is longer than the other, cut it down the middle of the longest length).
2. Place all six to eight pieces on top of each other just like in the first one.
3. Follow steps 2-6 of The Big One.
Picture of the triangular point
The Finished Product